Current Job Openings
Bioinformatics Scientist II
GMG : NGS
- GENEWIZ NJ
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist II to join our Next Generation Sequencing department.
The Bioinformatics Scientist II is an analytical roll focused on conducting and conveying bioinformatics results for customer projects for a number of next generation sequencing applications. The will also work closely with Associate Bioinformatics Scientists, other Bioinformatics Scientist and Management on pipeline improvement/development.
GENEWIZ has a strong commitment to both our customers and driving research forward. GENEWIZ utilizes the latest technology such as Illumina NovaSeq, PacBio Sequel, and 10x Genomics, across a wide-array of research areas including Oncology, Immunology, Metagenomics, and Agriculture!
Title: Bioinformatics Scientist II
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Perform data analysis and generate reports for customer projects
- Interface with customers to deliver and explain project results
- Lead improvement of existing analysis pipelines and reports
- Lead development of novel pipelines for new or expanded services
- Support internal operations with custom scripts
- Evaluate and identify optimal NGS data analysis solutions
- Conduct literature search for various genomics research areas
- M.S. in Bioinformatics with 2-4 years of experience required
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics with 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of key biological processes and NGS technology preferred
- Broad experience in bioinformatics analysis of data from various NGS applications preferred
- Highly proficient in a Linux environment
- High programming proficiency in at least two of the following Java, Perl, R or Python
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong statistical analysis preferred
- Machine learning, database development, or big data analytics preferred
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ