GENEWIZ and Admera Health
Current Job Openings
Associate Bioinformatics Scientist
GMG : NGS
- GENEWIZ NJ
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking an Associate Bioinformatics Scientist to join our Next Generation Sequencing department.
Title: Associate Bioinformatics Scientist
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Automation of NGS data analysis and delivery pipeline development
- Build and maintain customize scripts to support bench operations and project objectives
- Work closely with IT specialists to build and maintain robust infrastructure
- Develop and implement bioinformatics analyses, applications, and workflows
- Provide customer support for NGS data analysis results
- B.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related field with 1-3 years of experience required
- M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related field with 0-2 years of experience preferred
- Strong background in software development on Linux system
- Strong programming skills in Python or Perl required.
- Strong programming skills in R/Shinny, Java, and/or C# preferred.
- Bioinformatics skills in analysis of data from various omic platforms preferred
- Experience with SQL/noSQL database development and/or web application development strongly preferred
- Experience with web application development strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrate initiative in experimenting with new technologies
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ