GENEWIZ and Admera Health
Current Job Openings
Finance Manager, Process & Controls
- GENEWIZ NJ
Join GENEWIZ as a Finance Manager, Process & Controls! An opportunity at GENEWIZ will give you the opportunity to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world!
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
We are seeking a Manager, Process & Controls to join our Finance team!
Title: Manager, Process & Controls
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Assisting in company-wide and business process-specific risk assessments to evaluate and address any impact the results may have on the control environment.
- Assist in the design and implementation of efficient and effective controls across the organization.
- Updating and continually validating that documentation of the control environment (e.g., process flows and control matrices) are kept current.
- Conducting periodic meetings/walkthroughs with process owners to ensure any changes to process are updated and properly assessed for control gaps.
- Assist in the execution of the annual test plan for evaluating key controls for operating effectiveness. Execution will include testing, reviewing work papers, and promptly facilitating the remediation of any exceptions with process owners in a timely manner.
- Staying current to changes in regulatory guidance, industry best practices, and areas of focus/hot topics for external audits.
- Actively building and managing relationships with Company stakeholders, while promoting the importance of compliance initiatives throughout the organization.
- Supporting process owners through training, reviewing, and providing guidance for their processes.
- Facilitate requests between the control owners and the audit team
- Prepare documentation around complex revenue recognition accounting issues
- Review and support all revenue recognition disclosures in all SEC filings.
- Ensure accurate GAAP reporting and fulfill internal and external reporting requirements, including the external audit
- Analyze customer contracts to identify complex provisions and advise on appropriate treatment under ASC 606
- Manage monthly and quarterly revenue close process including monitoring, review, and analysis of revenue activity
- Reconcile and review Deferred Revenue and prepare required adjusting entries
- Participate in other compliance initiatives and/or internal audit-related functions the company may engage.
- 10 years of public and private accounting experience and CPA preferred
- Requires BS or MS in Accounting, Finance or equivalent (MBA a plus)
- Knowledge and experience in applying audit principles/standards and SOX guidance Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written), as candidate must be able to work and communicate with individuals at all levels across the organization
- Change agent
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation skills, ability to complete process narratives and flowcharts
- Demonstrated success in driving continuous improvement and process excellence
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ