GENEWIZ and Admera Health
Current Job Openings
Intern, Next Generation Sequencing - South Plainfield, NJ
GMG : NGS
- Close Date
- GENEWIZ NJ
Are you a science whiz looking to work in a lab setting? Are you pursuing (or did you recently receive) your Degree in the Life Sciences and have passion for making a difference in the industry? Do you want to be part of a team that enjoys a challenge but also knows how to have fun? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you could be a perfect fit for our growing team!
GENEWIZ is seeking an Intern to join our Next Generation Sequencing department. Our paid internship program runs from June - August 2019.
Title: Intern, Next Generation Sequencing
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Assist with Next Generation Sequencing lab and office work as directed
- Receive and log samples
- Maintain sample library quality control
- Monitor the daily operation of sequencing instruments
- Log and track project quotation and delivered projects daily
- Follow SOPs and guidance of supervisors
- Enrolled in or completed a degree in a scientific field
- Basic scientific knowledge of general biology.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in team environment.
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services. Our customers depend on GENEWIZ to achieve results in a rapid, cost-effective manner through specialized expertise and customizable, scalable services that contribute to the advancement of life sciences and technologies.
To review all of our open positions and to apply, please visit the Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers.