GENEWIZ and Admera Health
Current Job Openings
EHS Specialist, QA - South Plainfield, NJ
- Close Date
- GENEWIZ NJ
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to join our Quality Assurance team.
Title: EHS Specialist
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Manage the companywide health and safety program according to applicable EHS/OSHA regulations
- Propose, develop, maintain, revise and communicate final corporate EHS policies, procedures and documents
- Provide guidance on proper use and disposal of chemicals, hazardous materials, equipment, etc. to ensure employee safety and environmental compliance
- Recommend and implement effective and sustainable corrective actions where EHS hazards exist
- Provide expertise to all personnel to ensure compliance with all applicable standards, regulations, guidelines, processes and permits
- Assist senior QA personnel with execution of applicable EHS tasks related to the Quality System
- Ensure accurate and timely data collection and reporting for all required corporate EHS and Security initiatives
- Assist with management of employee training and administration of quality documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or Occupational Safety required
- 3-5 years of experience in an EHS/OSHA-compliance role required
- Experience in a regulatory environment (GLP, GMP, CLIA) preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- OSHA 10/30-hour certification desired
- Experience with hazard recognition training preferred
Visit www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ