GENEWIZ and Admera Health
Current Job Openings
Automation Engineer (m/f/x) - Germany, Leipzig
- GENEWIZ Germany
IT meets Molecular Biology!
GENEWIZ Germany GmbH is looking for an
(Expert for automation and optimization of laboratory and manufacturing steps in Life Science)
Location: Leipzig (Wiederitzsch)
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
The European headquarters of GENEWIZ is located in Leipzig with our newly opened state-of-the-art laboratory for DNA sequencing.
Together with our parent company Brooks Automation, a worldwide leading provider of automation and vacuum solutions as well as semiconductor manufacturing and life sciences, we stand for a customer-oriented culture and promote innovative and future-oriented thinking among our employees.
- Design complex robotic liquid handling methods.
- Scripting automated workflows on robotic liquid handlers.
- Working collaboratively with our scientists and software engineers to build efficient automated laboratory workflows in support of genomics.
- Creating and executing maintenance protocols and calibration routines for robotic peripherals.
- DOE and execution of robotic system qualifications.
- Implementing real time quality control measures into automated systems to track liquid handling performance, and detect/predict failure events.
- Acting as an important member of our team with a focus on driving our business through technology.
- BS or MS in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline.
- 2+ years of hands on assay automation and liquid handling experience.
- Expert ability to create, validate, optimize and maintain liquid handling processes on robotic workstations.
- Experience with programming automated systems (e.g. Hamilton Star, Beckman FX/NX, Perkin Elmer Sciclone).
- Experience in converting bench top or semi-automated into fully automated assays.
- Experience with the automation of genomics workflows.
- Ability to design, document and communicate complex laboratory workflows and requirements to a cross functional team.
- Energetic and self-motivated. Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient (German and) English language skills (B2 level required).
- Pleasant cooperation in a multi-professional and ambitious team with love for science and customer support.
- A comprehensive induction program.
- Permanent employment for an indefinite period.
- 30 days vacation and flexible working hours.
- In addition, our employees benefit from training opportunities and various health promotion programs.
Please complete your application with a short motivation letter stating your availability and salary expectations.