GENEWIZ and Admera Health
Current Job Openings
Manager Finance / Chief Accountant Europe (m/f/x) - Leipzig, Germany
- GENEWIZ Germany
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions. The European headquarters of GENEWIZ is located in Leipzig with our newly opened state-of-the-art laboratory for DNA sequencing.
Together with our parent company Brooks Automation, a worldwide leading provider of automation and vacuum solutions as well as semiconductor manufacturing and life sciences, we stand for a customer-oriented culture and promote innovative and future-oriented thinking among our employees.
As Chief Accountant GENEWIZ Europe - with a direct reporting line to the USA - you have the fantastic opportunity to build and structure your own team for our GENEWIZ locations in Germany, UK and France. Your new workplace is located in our recently opened European headquarters in Leipzig, Germany
- You are mainly responsible for the general ledger for GENEWIZ locations in Europe: Germany, UK and France.
- You manage the review of financial data and preparation of monthly and annual reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of tax reports and statements.
- You are an internal expert and contact person for understanding and complying with financial regulations and laws in Europe.
- You will work closely with auditors and ensure that we as a company are on solid footing.
- You lead a team of Finance Assistants and Specialists in UK and Germany.
- Successfully completed studies with focus on accounting and taxes.
- Significant years of relevant experience in a group or in an audit/tax consultancy.
- Excellent knowledge in international accounting as well as in commercial and tax law.
- Strong understanding of the core processes in financial accounting.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and structured thinking
- Sound knowledge of Excel
- knowledge of Oracle advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are essential in German and English (minimum level B2).
- Willingness to travel from time to time, especially to US and UK during the induction period.
- We support independent, self-reliant work at an attractive modern workplace in the north of Leipzig.
- Transparent and fair target achievement systems.
- Interesting work in an international, qualified team.
- Further training opportunities and various health promotion programmes.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department at the following e-mail address: Joana.Langner@genewiz.com.