GENEWIZ and Admera Health
Current Job Openings
Laboratory Technician, Synthesis Sequencing - Boston (Cambridge), MA
GA/MB : MBUS : SynSeq
- GENEWIZ BOS
GENEWIZ is looking for a full-time Laboratory Technician to join our Boston, MA, Synthesis Sequencing team.
Position: Full-time Laboratory Technician I
Location: Boston (Cambridge), MA
Why Work at GENEWIZ:
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to have fun while making a difference by supporting genomics researchers through quality laboratory processing. We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees. We are firm believers of promoting from within and many of our managers started with GENEWIZ in entry-level positions. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
Our Lab Techs are:
Quality driven processers. When our customers order oligos for their research, they help to prepare and synthesize samples as quickly as possible, while maintaining the highest quality standards in the industry. They initiate synthesis runs, perform post-synthesis processing, and deliver samples with strict adherence to laboratory SOPs to ensure quality and safety of our customer samples. They also perform regular maintenance and quality control.
Customer focused. Our Lab Techs understand our customer needs with empathy and know that everything they do is making a difference. They often communicate with our customers to keep them posted on the progress of their samples.
The best at what they can be. They are proactive, multi-taskers, able to meet tight deadlines, and strive in fast-paced work environments. They understand the big picture, while paying attention to the details.
If you’re great at:
- Paying attention to the details
- Meeting deadlines and working under pressure
- Learning and retaining new concepts quickly
- Being an effective team-player committed to our goals
If you’re awesome at:
- Naturally being an Early-Bird (5:00am to 1:00pm) and can work a flexible shift to cover team members (full operation hours are 5am to 9pm, Monday to Friday)
- Being open and adaptable to changes
- Having fun while working to achieve goals
What you will need:
- High School Diploma required
- AAS Degree of equivalent lab work experience preferred
- 1+ years of molecular biology lab work experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ