GENEWIZ and Admera Health
Current Job Openings
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis - South Plainfield, NJ
- GENEWIZ NJ
GENEWIZ is looking to welcome an experienced Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis to join our Finance team!
Position Title: Manager / Project Manager
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to make a difference. We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees and we are firm believers of promoting from within. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
Purpose of the Position:
The Manager / Project Manager is to perform the analysis of actual financial results, the forecasting of future financial results, the annual budget, and other ad hoc projects. Further, this function includes certain treasury operations and audit responsibilities.
Applies principles of accounting and finance to analyze financial information and prepares budgets, forecast and financial reports. Must understand principles of revenue recognition. Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures. Responsible for internal financial reporting and support of the monthly financial close
Responsibilities (maximum 8 key tasks and responsibilities of this position):
- Prepares forecasts, budgets, and long-range plans. Consolidates quarterly budget, annual plan and forecast. Updates monthly forecast. Responsible for the accuracy of company-wide budget and headcount system.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly financial reports including Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash Flow Statements, and headcount reconciliation comparing of actual financial performance vs budget, and prior periods. Analyzes results, trends, performance metrics, and provides variance and root cause analyses to guide business decisions, highlighting causes of unexpected variances. Assists in preparation of the Board of Directors Packages.
- Work with team to prepare cash balance of the company, cash flow forecast, working capital analysis, cash payments and other treasury functions.
- Act as advisor and strategic partner to business for all financial, operational and client matters. Provides support to budget owners on annual budget(s) and long-range forecast processes. Partners with business and functional units to:
- Understand operational business issues and challenges, identifying risks and opportunities in their P&L and Opex. Maintains close communication with financial leaders at the business unit and functional level to ensure timely understanding of risk factors that may impact forecasts.
- Update and audit weekly Risk and Opportunities (RnO) schedules based on business feedback
- Develops robust financial modeling assisting business partners to capture and appropriately reflect the financial implications of various strategies, initiatives and opportunities under consideration.
- Support new business growth by supporting the coordination of market data collection and market selling activities to assist in sales prioritization and data collection optimization.
- Establish and enhance financial planning processes, procedures, and controls. Develops/assesses gaps make improvements as necessary. Continuously improving the financial and operational reporting and information capabilities of the company.
- Support Head of FP&A and Business Unit Controller with business cases and in-depth analysis. Ad hoc projects as required.
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance/Accounting, with 8+ years of experience in accounting and finance experience with at least 5 years in FP&A and budgeting. Solid accounting and financial reporting experience in an operational environment.
- One of the following: MBA, CPA or CMA
- Proven experience and ability to be an effective financial partner to the business in a global matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated self-starter who will take initiative to drive results. Strong attention to detail, strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to question status quo and provide solutions. Ability to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers.
- Ability to understand big picture with a sharp eye for details and inconsistencies. Positive attitude and strong team player with eagerness to learn and add value to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to approach assignments with intellectual curiosity and analytical mindset, eager to understand the business, particularly as it relates to process improvement and business effectiveness.
- Strong time management, organizational and project management skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively, to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of domestic and international members.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to tailor communications to varying levels with the organization. Ability to influence and drive change diplomatically.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, Lookup Tables, VBA) PowerPoint, ERP, TM1 and other data applications. Demonstrated experience performing modeling, forecasting and budgeting-related financial activities.
- Experience in presenting to leadership teams
- Experience in a Biotech or Life Sciences
- Experience with Hyperion and Essbase
- Special knowledge or skills and/or licenses or certificates preferred.
- High integrity
- High energy and resiliency
- Hands-on with a passion for results
- Critical thinking skills to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Balanced approach to speed-to-action
- Process oriented and reliance on data-driven solutions
- Collaborative, team oriented and adept at building positive and influential relationships
- Strong combination of intelligence and self-awareness
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ